I am a married mom of two wonderful children. My son, Bryce, graduated from Craven County Schools, joined the United States Navy, and is currently serving as a GSE on a missile destroyer. My daughter is in her first year as a 9th grader at New Bern High School. My husband is a Craven County native and a self-employed business owner. I am an avid animal lover. I have raised and cared for animals all of my life. I currently show French Bulldogs in AKC conformation and love it.
I started my career in Craven County Schools with my son Bryce, as a volunteer. I loved it! I did a read with dogs implementation with the help of Barbara Clark for kids that were having trouble reading as well as some classes with exceptional children. It was amazing for me to watch them grow. Later, I became the Program Assistant for Career Technical Education. I'll admit when I started I knew nothing! That being said, I was so interested in this program and what it offers students, I dug in and learned everything I could about the program. I tell people all the time if were in high school, I would be a CTE kid. I mean that with all my heart.
Working in CTE I have to be fiscally responsible. We have to meet all the supply, materials and equipment needs for various programs. Some courses are very expensive to run. I've also learned how important our connections are with business and industry to ensure we have a career ready workforce. That is our goal - Career readiness, regardless of post-secondary options.
I want this seat for Board of Education more than anything! Why? Because, I care. I'm invested! I love our little county and ensuring the education of it's children is of the upmost importance. I promise, I won't let you down
I Stand For:
· Being fiscally responsibility to the taxpayer
· Eliminating wasteful spending on initiatives that bear no results
· Providing students with practical technology through fiscally responsible methods
· Ensuring every child is career ready regardless of their post-secondary plans
· Creating a strong education system that reflects a strong, positive teacher morale
· Treating all teachers and staff as professionals
· Ensuring all students have the right to learn in a nurturing, safe environment
· Developing qualified school and district leaders
· Supporting sound instructional practices that allow all students to learn how they learn best