Latest updates from the campaign:
Kelli participated in the Coastal Carolina Taxpayers Association Board of Education Forum held in New Bern on January 21. Nine candidates had the opportunity to present their campaign platforms. It is obvious that many of the candidates are far removed from the REAL issues facing education. However, Kelli has her finger on the facts and the pulse of the issues. Listen to the audio here:
I Stand For:
· Being fiscally responsibility to the taxpayer
· Eliminating wasteful spending on initiatives that bear no results
· Providing students with practical technology through fiscally responsible methods
· Ensuring every child is career ready regardless of their post-secondary plans
· Creating a strong education system that reflects a strong, positive teacher morale
· Treating all teachers and staff as professionals
· Ensuring all students have the right to learn in a nurturing, safe environment
· Developing qualified school and district leaders
· Supporting sound instructional practices that allow all students to learn how they learn best
I believe in the value of public education. Teachers should be supported and given the tools they need to do their jobs. I also believe that kids are individuals, should be treated as such, and taught that way. Accountability to parents and our students is paramount. With accountability comes fiscal responsibility. Priorities must be looked at and evaluated, because our first priority are the students we serve.
We must have happy engaged teachers in order to have happy and engaged students. For far too long the wrong kind of PC has been the focus of education. I'm not about Political Correctness, but about making the Personal Connections that will strengthen our education system.